Prices incl. VAT plus shipping costs
Delivery time appr. 1-3 workdays
- Published: G. C. Lotter , Augsburg
- Published date: 1765
- Technique: Copper engraving / Original color.
- Type: Antique Map, map
- Issue date: 1765
- Category: Large 18th century scale map of the Rhineland.
- Size: 935 by 540mm (36¾ by 21¼ inches).
- Stock number: 24658
- Condition: Printed from two plates joint together as published. Old visible vertical and horizontal folds. Verso a few, mainly marginal, old mendings. Still in good to very good condition.
Copper engraving, hand colored in outline and wash when published. A rare and unusual map by the famous 18th century German cartographer and publisher Gustav Conrad Lotter from Augsburg. Interesting detailed map in a large scale, printed from two plates, depicting the the duchies of Cleve, Jülich and Limbourg as well the duchy of Geldern and the archbishopric of Cologne. With detailed engraved political borders, many place names of cities, villages, castles, etc. Further also rivers, lakes, castles, monasteries, woods and mountains are shown on the map. The maps exceeds from Emmerich in the north along the river Rhine towards Bonn in the south. In the east it shows Aachen, Limbourg and Venlo. This large scale map of the Rhineland by Gustav Conrad Lotter is probably based on the large two sheet maps by Nicolaus Sanson published around 1700. A highly decorative map of this region.