Prices incl. VAT plus shipping costs
Delivery time appr. 1-3 workdays
- Published: G. Braun & F. Hogenberg , Cologne
- Published date: 1598
- Technique: Copper engraving / Original color.
- Issue date: 1598
- Category: Inn valley in Tirol near Innsbruck
- Type: Antique Map, map
- Size: 376 by 508mm (14¾ by 20 inches).
- Bibliography: Koeman, B & H. Vol. V. / 59.
- Stock number: 11550
- Condition: In excellent condition. In original period hand-color, when published.
Hand colored copper engraving, when published in volume V of the townbooks "Civitates Orbis Terrarum" by Braun and Hogenberg. The entire series of the 'Civitates Orbis Terrarum' comprised six volumes and was published and printed from 1572 towards 1619 in Cologne. Copper-engraving after a sketch in 1590 by G. Huefnagel. Huefnagel was a very famous artist, whose sketches of towns are outstanding decorative and were often decorated with animals, figures or local people in the foreground. Three decorative views on one doublepage. At the top a view of the Innvalley, with mountains of the Alps in the background. With many details of villages along the river Inn. Below with two small scenes: The 'Schlossberg' and a monument for the emperor Carolus V. Verso with French text.
Koeman, B & H. Vol. V. / 59.