Prices incl. VAT plus shipping costs
Delivery time appr. 1-3 workdays
- Published: G. Braun & F. Hogenberg , Cologne
- Published date: 1598
- Technique: Copper engraving / later handcolor
- Issue date: 1598
- Category: Austria - Österreich
- Type: Antique Map, map
- Size: 360 by 495mm (14¼ by 19½ inches).
- Bibliography: Koeman, B & H. Vol. V. / 52.
- Stock number: 11552
- Condition: In excellent condition.
Handcolored copper-engraving, published in volume V of the townbooks "Civitates Orbis Terrarum" by Braun and Hogenberg. The entire series of the 'Civitates Orbis Terrarum' comprised six volumes and was published and printed from 1572 towards 1619 in Cologne. Copper-engraving after a sketch in 1594 by Joris Huefnagel. Decorative view of Linz in Austria from the heights across the river Danube with the city walls, the bridge and its royal castle. J. Huefnagel was a very famous artist, whose sketches of towns are outstanding decorative and were often decorated with figures or local people in the foreground. In the upper right corner with a large decorative renaissance cartouche with explanations. Verso with German text.
Koeman, B & H. Vol. V. / 52.