Prices incl. VAT plus shipping costs
Delivery time appr. 1-3 workdays
- Published: I.E. Cloppenburgh , Amsterdam
- Published date: 1632
- Type: Antique Map, map
- Technique: Copper engraving / Uncolored
- Issue date: 1632
- Category: Cuba, Haiti, Jamaica & St. Margarita
- Size: 188 by 255mm (7½ by 10 inches).
- Bibliography: Koeman, ME 200
- Stock number: 20863
- Condition: In excellent condition.
Copper engraving, uncolored as published. A fine copy in a dark impression, full margins as published. This is the first so-called Cloppenburgh editions which was a competive edition with new engraved maps in a larger format. Most of the maps were engraved by Pieter van den Keere. The Cloppenburgh edition was continued for a couple of years but seems to have been suppressed after 1636 ... . This is another Cloppenburgh edition, now with Latin text. The maps from the Appendix have been incorporated. The title-page is followed by a dedication to Prince Frederik Hendrik, dated 1632 and signed by Johannes Cloppenburgh. (Koeman Atlantes Neerlandici).
Cuba Hispaniola, & C.
Koeman, ME 200