Prices incl. VAT plus shipping costs
Delivery time appr. 1-3 workdays
- Published: Mortier , Amsterdam
- Published date: 1704
- Type: Antique Map, map
- Issue date: 1704
- Technique: Copperengraving/handcolored., Copper engraving / hand colored.
- Category: Baffins Bay - Hudson Bay - Greenland
- Size: 585 by 825mm (23 by 32½ inches).
- Stock number: 25817
- Condition: In good to very good condition. On the sheet some brown areas slightly visible. 585 by 825mm (23 by 32½ inches).
Copper engraving, hand colored. This map was published ca.1704 in Pierre Mortier's famous sea-atlas 'Le Neptune Francois'. Large detailed and interesting map by the famous French cartographer Nicolaus Sanson published in the Dutch edition of the famous sea atlas 'Le Neptune Francois ...' in Amsterdam at Pierre Mortier. This rare and antique sea chart map is equipped with compass roses and two large title text cartouches in the upper corners. Along the coast lines we do find many engraved place names, islands, etc. The map extends in the Northern Atlantic towards Iceland.