Prices incl. VAT plus shipping costs
Delivery time appr. 1-3 workdays
- Published: Van der Aa , Leiden
- Published date: 1706
- Type: Antique Map, map
- Technique: Copper engraving / Uncolored
- Issue date: 1706-08
- Category: Tartary & China
- Size: 156 by 228mm (6¼ by 9 inches).
- Stock number: 15584
- Condition: Printed on the full sheet as published; the map was originally folded in this series, so that old folds are more or less visable. 156 by 228mm (6¼ by 9 inches).
Article descriptionOriginal copper-engraving, uncoloured as published. This very nice map shows the Tartary & China. The map is decorative in the left upper side with a lot of peoples. Inside the map are many mountains and rivers to see. The famous Dutch publisher and mapmaker Pieter Van der Aa (1659 Leiden - 1733 Leiden) published during the period 1882-1733, an enormous quantity of printed matter (Koeman). This map was actually published in the first edition of his travelbooks Naauwkeurige versameling der gedenk-waardigste zee en landreysen na Oost en West-Indien, in Leiden 1706-08.
Recently viewed products