Prices incl. VAT plus shipping costs
Delivery time appr. 1-3 workdays
- Published: Amsterdam
- Published date: 1662
- Issue date: 1662
- Technique: Copper engraving / probably later handcolor
- Type: map
- Category: The expeditions of Alexander the Great
- Size: 370 by 470mm (14½ by 18½ inches).
- Bibliography: Koeman I / 8030H:1
- Stock number: 30432
- Condition: In excellent condition.
Copper engraving, decorative hand colored in outline and wash. Published in a Latin text edition of Joan. Jansson's historical Atlas, verso blank. The map shows the region covered by Alexander the Great, ornated with two cartouches. In the lower left corner the title cartouche, on the lower right side a small decorative cartouche showing coins and a warrior. Villages and towns are shown as miniature views, as well rivers and mountains are engraved.
Koeman I / 8030H:1