Prices incl. VAT plus shipping costs
Delivery time appr. 1-3 workdays
- Published: Marseille , J. Roux
- Published date: 1764
- Type: Antique Map, map
- Technique: Copper engraving / later handcolor
- Category: Greek Archipelago
- Issue date: 1764
- Size: 553 by 808mm (21¾ by 31¾ inches).
- Stock number: 19794
- Condition: Printed on light blue paper as so often, full margins as published. In excellent condition.
Original copper engraving, published 1764 in Roux's Atlas of the Mediterranean. An excellent example, finely hand-colored in wash and outline. A fine and detailed map of the Greek Archipelago from the Peloponnese in the west towards Crete and Rhodes with the neighboring Asia Minor and Cyprus. The islands and coastlines are decorative engraved, many towns and villages are named, as well anchor places and the depth of the water is marked. An interesting map for the collector of maps and charts of Greece and the Mediterranean.