Prices incl. VAT plus shipping costs
Delivery time appr. 1-3 workdays
- Published: Chr. Weigel. , Nürnberg
- Published date: 1719
- Technique: Copper engraving / Original color.
- Type: Antique Map, map
- Issue date: 1719
- Category: Egypt - Nile Delta
- Size: 309 by 399mm (12 by 15 inches).
- Stock number: 18365
- Condition: In excellent condition. 309 by 399mm (12 by 15 inches).
Article descriptionCopper engraving, handcolored in outline and body colour, when published. The map shows the upper Egypt with the Nile Delta. Many antique place names are found on the map, as well some mountains, lakes and ways. In the lower left corner a decorative title cartouche ornated with antique coins with symbols to the 'antique Egypt'. The cartographer Christoph Weigel worked around 1719 in Nürnberg and his maps are showing the typical style of this period in mapmaking in Southern German. He worked very close as with Johann B. Homann in Nürnberg. All his maps were handcolored in outline and decorative body color immediatelly in his printing house, after they were printed.
Recently viewed products