Prices incl. VAT plus shipping costs
Delivery time appr. 1-3 workdays
- Published: John Tallis & Company , London & New York
- Published date: 1851
- Type: Antique Map, map
- Issue date: 1851
- Category: Central America
- Technique: Steel engraving, hand colored.
- Size: 255 by 328mm (10 by 13 inches).
- Stock number: 29630
- Condition: In excellent condition.
Steel engraving, hand colored in outline and wash. The fine engraved map is showing Central America with many details from Guatemala, Nicaragua, Honduras, the Atlantic and the Pacific Ocean. The map is decorated with three finely hand colored engraved vignettes: city views from Belize, the great square of the Antigua Guatemala and the vulcano of Isalco. The actual map was drawn and engraved by J. Rapkin. The illustrations were engraved by various artists: R. Radclyffe, W. Lacy, J. Rogers, J. H. Kernot, J. B. Allen, T. Fleming, H. Winkles, R. Baker after drawings by H. Warren, H. Winkles and H. Wray.