Prices incl. VAT plus shipping costs
Delivery time appr. 1-3 workdays
- Published: Jean David Zunner , Frankfurt
- Published date: 1686
- Type: Antique Map, map
- Technique: Copper engraving / Uncolored
- Issue date: 1686
- Category: Guanahani - St. Salvador
- Size: 150 by 110mm (6 by 4¼ inches).
- Stock number: 25386
- Condition: A strong impression, uncolored as published. In excellent condition. 150 by 110mm (6 by 4¼ inches).
Copper engraving published in Allain M. Mallet's description of the world 'Description De L' Univers, Contenant Les Differents Systemes Du Monde, Les Cartes generales & particulieres ...'. French text edition with additional German titles on top. Bird's eye view of Island of Guanahani , as well called St. Salvador. 'Guanahani was the name the natives gave to the island that Columbus called San Salvador when he arrived at the Americas. Columbus reached the island on 12 October 1492, the first island he sighted and visited in the Americas. Guanahani is one of the islands of the Lucayan archipelago in the Bahamas, but the exact island is a matter of some debate. The question may never be resolved, as Columbus's original log book has been lost for centuries, and the only evidence is in the edited abstract made by Bartolomé de las Casas.' from Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.