Prices incl. VAT plus shipping costs
Delivery time appr. 1-3 workdays
- Published: John Tallis & Company , London & New York
- Published date: 1851
- Type: Antique Map, map
- Issue date: 1851
- Technique: Steel engraving, hand colored.
- Category: Chili and La Plata
- Size: 340 by 250mm (13½ by 9¾ inches).
- Stock number: 29636
- Condition: In excellent condition.
Article descriptionSteel engraving, hand colored in outline and wash. The fine engraved map is showing Chili and La Plata with many details and the South Pacific and the South Atlantic Ocean. The map is decorated with five finely hand colored engraved vignettes: the travelling post, the governor, a rattlesnake, a water seller and the grand square of Buenos Ayres. The actual map was drawn and engraved by J. Rapkin. The illustrations were engraved by various artists: R. Radclyffe, W. Lacy, J. Rogers, J. H. Kernot, J. B. Allen, T. Fleming, H. Winkles, R. Baker after drawings by H. Warren, H. Winkles and H. Wray.
Recently viewed products