Prices incl. VAT plus shipping costs
Delivery time appr. 1-3 workdays
- Published: Abraham Elsevir , Leiden
- Published date: 1627
- Type: Antique Map, map
- Technique: Copper engraving / handcolored.
- Issue date: 1627
- Category: Italiae Hodiernae Descriptio
- Size: 188 by 268mm (7½ by 10½ inches).
- Stock number: 20039
- Condition: In very good to excellent condition. Minor marginal fraying at the right side. 188 by 268mm (7½ by 10½ inches).
Article descriptionCopper engraving, finely hand colored. Finely engraved title page for Joducus Hondius's townbook of Italy., Joducus This city view is decorative ornated with a renaissance title cartouche. Further this antique print is highly decorative engraved and some of the town views from 'Nova et Accurata Italiae ...' are engraved after earlier city views from the famous series 'Civitates Orbis Terrarum' by Braun & Hogenberg. Also they are occasionally ornated with rural figures in the foreground, a coat of arms, ships or a decorative landscape. This antique print is finely hand colored in wash and outline. Printed on good paper on the full sheet as published. In 1626 Jodocus Jr. published 'Nova et Accurata Italiae Hodiernae Descriptio', a description of Italy with 31 small maps (16 x 23 cm) and 66 town views interspersed between the pages. (Koeman, Atlantes Neerlandici Vol. I Pag.35)
Recently viewed products