Prices incl. VAT plus shipping costs
Delivery time appr. 1-3 workdays
- Published: Birckmann , Cologne
- Published date: 1593
- Type: Antique Map, map
- Technique: Copper engraving / Uncolored
- Issue date: 1593
- Category: Important World Map for the discovery od Australia
- Size: 257 by 492mm (10 by 19¼ inches).
- Stock number: 19182
- Condition: In very good to excellent condition. A very good impression on paper with good margins. A small rust-hole in 'Nova Guinea', the right fold with minor browning or soiling, this fold as well with a small marginal upper split on the upper margin. 257 by 492mm (10 by 19¼ inches).
Article descriptionCopper-engraving, uncolored as published. Large world map engraved after Abraham Ortelius. The map shows a large unexplored 'Terra Australis ...' and shows South America with the westward bulge. The map is ornated decorative similar to Abraham Ortelius, with ships and sea-monsters.
Recently viewed products