Prices incl. VAT plus shipping costs
Delivery time appr. 1-3 workdays
- Published: A. Combette , Paris
- Published date: 1856
- Type: Antique Map, map
- Technique: Lithograph / Original color.
- Issue date: 1856
- Category: Guadeloupe and Maria Galante
- Size: 285 by 430mm (11¼ by 17 inches).
- Stock number: 29237
- Condition: In excellent condition
Original engraved map, hand colored in outline when published in V. Levasseur's atlas of French departments. In the centre of this map the islands Guadeloupe, Maria-Galante, the Saint Islands are shown. Below we find a table with descriptive text. The borders are richly decorated with a scene of the vulcano Soufriére. Around the map are various allegories on trading and manfacturing sugar, coffee and cacao together with palm trees. At the left side is a windmill with working people on the fields. At the right side a demolished village after an hurricane or earthquake is shown.