Prices incl. VAT plus shipping costs
Delivery time appr. 1-3 workdays
- Published: Louis Renard. , Amsterdam
- Published date: 1700
- Technique: Copper engraving / Original color.
- Type: Antique Map, map
- Issue date: 1700
- Category: Canary Islands and West Africa, West Africa & Canary Islands
- Size: 484 by 567mm (19 by 22¼ inches).
- Stock number: 19204
- Condition: In excellent condition. 484 by 567mm (19 by 22¼ inches).
Article descriptionCopper-engraving, hand colored in outline and wash when published. Large and decorative sea chart showing West Africa with the Canary and Cap Verden Islands in the Atlantic Ocean. The map is equipped with two compass roses and several sailing boats. Published around 1700 in Louis Renard's famous sea-atlas. Louis Renard received the copperplates of Frederic De Witt´s sea-atlas and did only minor modifications in the engraved titles. The image of the map is orientated with the North to the East.
Recently viewed products