Prices incl. VAT plus shipping costs
Delivery time appr. 1-3 workdays
- Published: John Tallis & Company , London & New York
- Published date: 1851
- Type: Antique Map, map
- Issue date: 1851
- Technique: Steel engraving, hand colored.
- Category: Azores, Canary Islands, Madeira & Bermuda
- Size: 340 by 250mm (13½ by 9¾ inches).
- Stock number: 29613
- Condition: In excellent condition.
Article descriptionSteel engraving, hand colored in outline and wash. Fine engraved map is showing of the Islands of the Atlantic including the Azores, Madeira, Bermuda, the Canary Islands and the Cape Verde Islands. The map is decorated with six finely hand colored engraved vignettes: views of Fayal, Pico and Villa Franca in the Azores, the chapel in the Rock of Vicente on Cape Verde Islands, Funchal, Madeira and Tenerifa on the Canary Islands. The actual map was drawn and engraved by J. Rapkin. The illustrations were engraved by various artists: R. Radclyffe, W. Lacy, J. Rogers, J. H. Kernot, J. B. Allen, T. Fleming, H. Winkles, R. Baker after drawings by H. Warren, H. Winkles and H. Wray.
Recently viewed products