Prices incl. VAT plus shipping costs
Delivery time appr. 1-3 workdays
- Published: Gerard Valk , Amsterdam
- Published date: 1704
- Technique: Copper engraving / Original color.
- Type: Antique Map, map
- Issue date: 1704
- Category: Baden-Württemberg
- Size: 495 by 605mm (19½ by 23¾ inches).
- Stock number: 11139
- Condition: In good to very good condition. Oldcolored, as often found on maps by Schenk & Valck with oxidations and cracking in the colors, due of this the map was skillfully backed with thin japan-paper. As well two splits in the upper and lower centerfold skillfully mended.
Copper-engraving, handcolored in outline and wash, when published. In the lower right corner ornated with a large decorative title-cartouche and milage scale. The map is showing the duchy of Wurtemberg with its neighbouring areas. In the north Heidelberg is still shown and in the south the map is going on towards Ulm with the Danube. The west is with Baden and in the east with Nördlingen in the neighbouring Bavaria. Decorative map in old contemporary handcolor in wash, the political borders are very exactly shown in the outline coloring. With many engraved names of cities, villages and smaller places, rivers, mountains and woods are as well shown.
Chorographia Ducatus Wurtenburgici; quem ab una alteraqu: parte includunt Quiß ei includuntur Marchionatus Praepositura, Badensis, Elwangensis, ...