Prices incl. VAT plus shipping costs
Delivery time appr. 1-3 workdays
- Published: Moses Pitt , Amsterdam & Oxford
- Published date: 1680
- Technique: Copper engraving / Original color.
- Type: Antique Map, map
- Issue date: 1680-83
- Category: Erzbistum Köln
- Size: 370 by 475mm (14½ by 18¾ inches).
- Bibliography: Koeman I [2410:1.3]
- Stock number: 24653
- Condition: In very good to excellent condition with wide margins. On the sheet are some creases slightly visible.
Copper engraving, hand colored in outline when published. Decorative and detailed map of the archbishopric of Cologne with its neighboring areas. Cologne is in the center of the map with the river Rhine, with many engraved place names, rivers and mountains. The individual duchies and regions are all equipped with coats of arms of their region. This antique map of the the archbishopric of Cologne was published for the first time in 1630 in the edition by Hendrik Hondius and appeared then in various editions by Hondius and Janssonius. In the this edition by Johannes Jansonnius van Waesbergen a graticule was added to the map and the Janssonius imprint was removed. The Johannes Jansonnius van Waesbergen was an English edition, which was printed by Moses & Pitt in Oxford. Verso blank without text. Title cartouche with inscription in ink.
Koeman I [2410:1.3]