Prices incl. VAT plus shipping costs
Delivery time appr. 1-3 workdays
- Published: G. Braun & F. Hogenberg , Cologne
- Published date: 1590
- Technique: Copper engraving / Original color.
- Type: Antique Map, map
- Issue date: 1590
- Category: Arnheim - Geldern - Ruhrmont - Venlo
- Size: 365 by 485mm (14¼ by 19 inches).
- Bibliography: B &H vol. III / 17.
- Stock number: 19541
- Condition: In excellent condition.
Original copper engraving, hand colored in wash when published ca. 1590 in volume III of the town book 'Civitates Orbis Terrarum' by Braun and Hogenberg. The entire series of the 'Civitates Orbis Terrarum' comprised six volumes and was published and printed from 1572 towards 1619. This decorative map shows four plans on one doublepage, all in bird´s eye views. They shows us ground plans of these four cities. The maps are very detailed engraved with many houses, streets, churches, etc.
Arnhemium, Gelriae in Ripa Rheni Opp. - Venlonum, Opp: arte et natura munitu, Mosae ripa issus Frc. - Geleria Opp: Uniuersae eiusdem adpellationis Regioni nomen Suppeditans. - Ruremunda Gelriae Opp.
B &H vol. III / 17.