Prices incl. VAT plus shipping costs
Delivery time appr. 1-3 workdays
- Published: Koberger , Nurnberg
- Published date: 1493
- Type: Antique Map, map
- Issue date: 1493
- Technique: Woodcut, later hand-colored.
- Category: Neisse (Nissa) in Silesia
- Size: 412 by 565mm (16¼ by 22¼ inches).
- Stock number: 24661
- Condition: In very good condition. On the full sheet as published. Minor mended stitch wholes, as usual, at the centerfold. 412 by 565mm (16¼ by 22¼ inches).
Original woodcut from the famous "Nurnberg Chronicle", printed in Nürnberg, in December 1493. Fully handcolored city view, as well the initials in text rubricated throughout. Verso illustrated with as well with the hand-colored half side of the Lübeck city view. German text edition. This view of Neisse is one of the earliest obtainable authentic city views, published only a few years before 1500. The plate was exactly published and printed in December 1493 in Nurnberg at Koberger. The "Nurnberg Chronicle" was the earliest and most richly illustrated incunable and descripton of the world, which was as well illustrated with a small number of authentic doublepage city views. The woodcuts were mostly cut by Pleydenwurff.