Prices incl. VAT plus shipping costs
Delivery time appr. 1-3 workdays
- Published: Amsterdam
- Published date: 1660
- Technique: Copper engraving
- Type: map
- Issue date: 1660-70
- Category: Lissabon - Lisboa
- Size: 400 by 515mm (15¾ by 20¼ inches).
- Bibliography: Peter van der Krogt Koeman's Atlantes Neerlandici Koeman IV-2/1 #2411
- Stock number: 30281
- Condition: Minor verso marginal skillful restaurations in the paper, else in very good condition. Minor abrasions on the engraving. A strong impression of this rare map.
Original copper engraving, uncolored when published. This antique plan depicts a bird's eye view of the city of Lisboa with the town wall and the surrounding. On the top are the coat of arms of Lisboa and Portugal. At the bottom of the map with detailled text poems in Dutch, German and Latin by A. Montanus and I. Bara. Towards the right side with key numbers 1-34 of the buildings in Lisboa. This rare engraving was published c. 1690-95 by the famous Dutch map maker Frederic de Wit in Amsterdam. It seems, that it was published rarely and appeared only in very few Dutch atlases by Clemendt de Jonghe.
Peter van der Krogt Koeman's Atlantes Neerlandici Koeman IV-2/1 #2411