Prices incl. VAT plus shipping costs
Delivery time appr. 1-3 workdays
- Published: G. Braun & F. Hogenberg , Cologne
- Published date: 1572
- Type: Antique Map, map
- Technique: Copper engraving / handcolored.
- Issue date: 1572-1619
- Category: Duisburg - Cleve - Emmerich
- Size: 344 by 494mm (13½ by 19½ inches).
- Bibliography: II / 34
- Stock number: 19875
- Condition: In very good condition. Only three small tiers at the map.
Original copper engraving, hand colored in wash published ca. 1572-78 in volume II of the famous town book 'Civitates Orbis Terrarum' by Braun and Hogenberg. The entire series of the 'Civitates Orbis Terrarum' comprised six volumes and was published and printed from 1572 towards 1619 in Cologne. This decorative map have four inset maps. The three towns from Germany which are Cleve, Duisburg and Emmerich are shown at this map. This is a very nice panoramic view of the towns. The map is equipped with many houses, churches, trees, a fortress around the towns, river, sailing ships, windmill, etc. A large German text is on the back side of this map.
II / 34