Prices incl. VAT plus shipping costs
Delivery time appr. 1-3 workdays
- Published: G. Braun & F. Hogenberg , Cologne
- Published date: 1598
- Type: Antique Map, map
- Issue date: 1598
- Technique: Copper engraving / later hand color
- Category: Bardowick
- Size: 385 by 510mm (15¼ by 20 inches).
- Bibliography: B & H vol. V / 44.
- Stock number: 23503
- Condition: In very good to excellent condition. With narrow margins, cut close to the engraved border line.
Original copper engraving, published ca.1598 in volume V of the town book 'Civitates Orbis Terrarum' by Braun and Hogenberg. The entire series of the 'Civitates Orbis Terrarum' comprised six volumes and was published and printed from 1572 towards 1619. German text edition. Decorative bird's eye view of the city of Bardowick near Lüneburg in Niedersachsen. The engraving is based on the sketch after Daniel Frese (1588).
B & H vol. V / 44.