Prices incl. VAT plus shipping costs
Delivery time appr. 1-3 workdays
- Published: Amsterdam
- Published date: 1619
- Technique: Copper engraving / Uncolored
- Issue date: 1619
- Type: map
- Category: Poland and Silesia
- Size: 345 by 460 mm (13½ by 18 inches).
- Bibliography: Van der Krogt 1, [1900:1A.1] Livonia French text. 1:113
- Stock number: 28766
- Condition: The paper overall toned or browned, printed on the full sheet as published. A split in the lower third of the centre-fold with an old repair. Else in good condition. 345 by 460 mm (13½ by 18 inches).
Article descriptionCopper engraving, uncolored as published. French text edition. An early historic rare map of Poland and Silesia published by Gerard Mercator 1619 in his atlas ,Atlas sive Cosmographicae Meditationes de Fabrica Mundi et Fabricati Figura. Sumptibus & typis aeneis Iudoci Hondij, Amsterodami An. D. 1619.'. This rare map was published for the first time in 1595 in Gerard Mercator's atlas and appearred in several editions. Our example is from 1619 and has verso French descriptive text. This antique map depicts the kingdom of Poland and Silesia and extends in the south towards the neighboring Russia and in the west with the neighboring kingdom of Bohemia. Equipped with a decorative renaissance title cartouche.
Van der Krogt 1, [1900:1A.1] Livonia French text. 1:113