Prices incl. VAT plus shipping costs
Delivery time appr. 1-3 workdays
- Published: Janssonius Joan. , Amsterdam
- Published date: 1646
- Technique: Copper engraving / Original color.
- Type: Antique Map, map
- Issue date: 1646-49
- Category: Argau (Central Switzerland)
- Size: 363 by 473mm (14¼ by 18½ inches).
- Bibliography: Koeman I [4930:1.A.2] Verso French text.
- Stock number: 17634
- Condition: In excellent condition.
Original copper engraving, hand colored in outline when published. A highly detailed 17th century map of the Argau region (Canton Argau) in Central Switzerland. The map depicts nicely in its centre the 'Luzerner See / Vierwaldstätter See' and extends towards the Zürich See in the northeast. The map shows in the western part the 'Thuner See' and 'Brientzer See'. With many engraved place names, mountains and rivers. This fine engraved map was published in a Mercator / Hondius atlas around 1646-49 in Amsterdam. The title cartouche in the lower right corner ornated with Puttos.
Koeman I [4930:1.A.2] Verso French text.