Prices incl. VAT plus shipping costs
Delivery time appr. 1-3 workdays
- Published: I.E. Cloppenburgh , Amsterdam
- Published date: 1630
- Type: Antique Map, map
- Technique: Copper engraving / Uncolored
- Issue date: 1630
- Category: Argau
- Size: 185 by 252mm (7¼ by 10 inches).
- Bibliography: Koeman, ME 198
- Stock number: 17635
- Condition: A fine copy in a dark impression, full margins as published.
Published in the first Cloppenburgh edition of Gerhard Mercator's "Atlas Minor" in 1630, verso French text. This is the first so-called Cloppenburgh editions which was a competive edition with new engraved maps in a larger format. Most of the maps were engraved by Pieter van den Keere. The Cloppenburg edition was continued for a couple of years but seems to have been suppressed after 1636 ... (Koeman Atlantes Neerlandici). Detailled map showing the canton Argau.
Koeman, ME 198