Prices incl. VAT plus shipping costs
Delivery time appr. 1-3 workdays
- Published: Cologne
- Published date: 1617
- Type: Antique Map, map
- Technique: Copper engraving / later handcolor
- Issue date: 1617
- Category: Urbino - Sulmo (Abruzzia)
- Size: 335 by 465mm (13¼ by 18¼ inches).
- Bibliography: Koeman, B & H # 4;
- Stock number: 17347
- Condition: In excellent condition, on the full sheet as published. Latin text edition verso.
Original copper-engraving, handcolored in wash, published 1617 in the townbook 'Civitates Orbis Terrarum' by Braun and Hogenberg. The entire series of the 'Civitates Orbis Terrarum' comprised six volumes and was published and printed from 1572 towards 1619. Two decorative city views of Urbino at the left side. On the right side we find a bird's eye view of the city of Sulmo in Abruzzia. Sulmo was the birthplace of 'Ovid', the antique Roman poet.
Koeman, B & H # 4;