Prices incl. VAT plus shipping costs
Delivery time appr. 1-3 workdays
- Published: G. Bodenehr , Augsburg
- Published date: 1704
- Type: Antique Map, map
- Technique: Copper engraving / Uncolored
- Issue date: 1704-20
- Category: Brixen in South Tirol
- Size: 167 by 303mm (6 by 12 inches).
- Stock number: 23335
- Condition: In very good to excellent condition. Small marginal tear at the lower bottom. 167 by 303mm (6 by 12 inches).
Article descriptionOriginal antique copper engraving, uncolored as published. This fine engraving shows the town Brixen in Tyrol and was published in Gabriel Bodenehr's famous serious "Europeans Macht und Pracht", a series of engravings depicting city views, plans, fortresses and castles in Europe. Many plates often are showing fortifications in Hungary and Southeast Europe, Spain, Belgium, Austria and Germany. Gabriel Bodenehr was during this period a sucessful publisher for maps and prints in Augsburg in Southern Germany. Gabriel Bodenehr the Elder (1664-1758 or 1673-1765) was a German map maker and member of a famous engraver and publisher family of Augsburg. His main work was "Atlas Curieux" first published 1704. He was the son of Johann Georg Bodenehr (1631-1703). Gabriel's son was Gabriel Bodenehr the Younger (1705–1792).
Recently viewed products