Prices incl. VAT plus shipping costs
Delivery time appr. 1-3 workdays
- Published: N. Visscher , Amsterdam
- Published date: 1680
- Technique: Copper engraving / Original color.
- Type: Antique Map, map
- Category: Spain & Portugal
- Issue date: 1680-90
- Size: 455 by 552mm (18 by 21¾ inches).
- Stock number: 23945
- Condition: Due of the old oxidation in the old colors, the reverse side of the map was carefully filled with paper fibers. In very good to excellent condition.
Article descriptionCopper engraving, hand colored in outline and wash when published. A highly decorative map by the famous Dutch mapmaker and cartographer Nicolaus Visscher. The map shows Spain and Portugal around 1680-90 and both kingsdoms with their various regions. The regions and provinces are shown in fine outline and wash hand coloring. With many engraved place names of cities and villages, rivers, lakes, mountains, etc. Further the map is equipped with a highly decorative title cartouche with angels holding the Spanish and Portuguese crown and coat of arms. At the bottom a mileage scale with Puttos and geographic instruments. In the Mediterranean Sea the Balearic Islands with Ibiza, Minorca and Mallorca.
Recently viewed products