Prices incl. VAT plus shipping costs
Delivery time appr. 1-3 workdays
- Published: Diesth , Antwerp
- Published date: 1573
- Type: Antique Map, map
- Category: Switzerland
- Issue date: 1573
- Technique: Copper engraving / Uncolored.
- Size: 344 by 455mm (13 by 18 inches).
- Bibliography: Koeman Ort. 11; Broecke 115.
- Stock number: 21966
- Condition: With full margins as published, printed on excellent thick paper. Verso German text, with a decorative woodcut device. A strong impression, in excellent condition. 344 by 455mm (13 by 18 inches).
Article descriptionCopper engraving, uncolored as published. Published 1573 in the second German text edition of the "Theatrum Orbis Terrarum". This map was published in the 'Theatrum Orbis Terrarum' from 1570 onwards. The first German text edition appeared 1572 (Koeman Ort. 5) and was followed by 'Ein Zusatz bei dass Theatrum ...', the 'Additamentum' in German language in 1573 and then by this German text edition in 1573. The map is based on the cartographic sources by Aegidius Tschudi (1505-72). An early interesting map of Switzerland, orientated with the north to the south. Based on the cartographic source after A. Tschudi. With many engraved place names, cities and small villages are shown as miniature city views. A mileage scale, with Swiss miles, in the lower left corner. Top right a simple square title cartouche with descriptive text of the history of Switzerland in Latin.
Koeman Ort. 11; Broecke 115.