Prices incl. VAT plus shipping costs
Delivery time appr. 1-3 workdays
- Published: Amsterdam
- Published date: 1649
- Issue date: 1649-60
- Technique: Copper engraving
- Type: map
- Category: British Isles (antique)
- Size: 39.4 x 51,3 cm (15.5 x 20,25 inches).
- Bibliography: Koeman I / 5000H:1A;
- Stock number: 33779
- Condition: In excellent condition.
Original antique copper engraving, decorative hand colored in outline and wash. A fine and decorative historical map of the British Isles. This map by Joan. Janssonius is based on the modern information of Mercator's 1564 map of the British Isles, as well improved by a new outline from Saxton's 1579 map and ancient knowledge from Diodorus Siculus, Plinius, Appianius, Tacitus, Caesar and Strabo. As well it is based on the historical map of the British Isles published in the Parergon by Abraham Ortelius 1612-24.
Koeman I / 5000H:1A;