Prices incl. VAT plus shipping costs
Delivery time appr. 1-3 workdays
- Published: Antwerp
- Published date: 1595
- Type: Antique Map
- Technique: Copper engraving / later hand color
- Issue date: 1584-1612
- Category: Palatinatus Bavariae (Oberpfalz)
- Size: 308 by 248mm (12¼ by 9¾ inches).
- Bibliography: Koeman Ort. 29; Broe. 112
- Stock number: 31344
- Condition: In excellent condition.
Article descriptionCopper engraving, published in a Latin edition of the 'Theatrum Orbis Terrarum' by Abraham Ortelius around 1595. Decorative and fine map of the 'Palatinatus Bavariae' around 1595. The maps shows upper Bavaria with the neighboring Bohemia woods, the 'Fichtelgebirge' and Nürnberg. In the south the course of the river Danube. The cartographic source for this map received Ortelius from Erhard Reych. The cities and towns on the map still shown as miniature views in form of silhouettes. From 1584 onwards Ortelius changed the title cartouche from the top to the bottom of the map.
Koeman Ort. 29; Broe. 112