Prices incl. VAT plus shipping costs
Delivery time appr. 1-3 workdays
- Published: Nicolaus Ioannis Piscator , Amsterdam
- Published date: 1630
- Technique: Copper engraving / Original color.
- Type: Antique Map, map
- Issue date: 1630
- Category: Rheinland Pfalz
- Size: 445 by 554mm (17½ by 21¾ inches).
- Bibliography: Reference: Koeman III, Vis5-8. Schilder 6, 49.2 - 2nd state , 1630.
- Stock number: 24659
- Condition: Verso blank without text. Minor creasing or mendings at the centre-fold. Top and bottom margins slightly narrow to the engraved borderline, else in very good condition. Rare 2nd state of 5.
Copper engraving, hand colored in outline and wash when published. Highly decorative map of 'Rheinland Pfalz' equipped with decorative engraved borders showing city views, costumes of representations of nobles, citizens and farmers and coat of arms. Among the engraved city views we find Mainz, Frankfurt a. Main, Speyer, Heidelberg and Worms. Further the 'Heidelberger Fass' and other small views among these Wolf Fontain, Heyligenberg, Kloster Neuburg, etc. The map was first issued in 1621, then re-issued in 1630, 1652. This is the 2nd state published in 1630.
Reference: Koeman III, Vis5-8. Schilder 6, 49.2 - 2nd state , 1630.