Prices incl. VAT plus shipping costs
Delivery time appr. 1-3 workdays
- Published: New York
- Published date: 1875
- Type: Print
- Issue date: 1875
- Technique: Chromolithograph, printed in colors.
- Category: Wirtshaus - Pub
- Size: 50.5 x 61,3 cm (20 x 24,25 inches).
- Bibliography: Peters, Harry T. America on Stone. U.S.: Doubleday, Doran, 1931. pp. 358-359.
- Stock number: 33329
- Condition: Margins just trimmed, otherwise very good condition. Another example of this print is in the collection of the Smithsonian National Museum of American History.
Article descriptionOriginal antique hand colored chromolithograph. Hand colored chromolithograph with numerous vignettes of tavern scenes. The central scene depicts a crowded drinking hall. Innkeeper at right of scene points to a tablet containing ten Roman numerals. The vignettes in the fours corners depict wine, beer, punch, and brandy. Nine surrounding vignettes depict tavern, or beer garden, related activites, such as billiards, dominoes, card playing, and bowling. Panels on either side of central scene are allegorical scenes related to drinking. All vignettes are labeled with German titles. Beneath the print in German and English are the "Ten Commandments" as referred to in the title.
Peters, Harry T. America on Stone. U.S.: Doubleday, Doran, 1931. pp. 358-359.