Prices incl. VAT plus shipping costs
Delivery time appr. 1-3 workdays
- Published: I.E. Cloppenburgh , Amsterdam
- Published date: 1632
- Type: Antique Map, map
- Technique: Copper engraving / Uncolored
- Issue date: 1632
- Category: East Indies
- Size: 190 by 260mm (7½ by 10¼ inches).
- Bibliography: Koeman, ME 200
- Stock number: 20858
- Condition: A very nice example of this rare map in a strong impression. In the lower right corner the paper itowards the engraved borders slightly thinner, else in excellent condition.
Copper engraving, uncolored as published. A fine copy in a dark impression, full margins as published. This is the first so-called Cloppenburgh editions which was a competive edition with new engraved maps in a larger format. Most of the maps were engraved by Pieter van den Keere. The Cloppenburgh edition was continued for a couple of years but seems to have been suppressed after 1636 ... . This is another Cloppenburgh edition, now with Latin text. The maps from the Appendix have been incorporated. The title-page is followed by a dedication to Prince Frederik Hendrik, dated 1632 and signed by Johannes Cloppenburgh. (Koeman Atlantes Neerlandici).
Koeman, ME 200