Prices incl. VAT plus shipping costs
Delivery time appr. 1-3 workdays
- Published: G. Bodenehr , Augsburg
- Published date: 1704
- Type: Antique Map, map
- Technique: Copper engraving / Uncolored
- Issue date: 1704-20
- Category: Landsberg am Lech
- Size: 160 by 300mm (6 by 11 inches).
- Stock number: 23694
- Condition: On the sheet are two small brown spots slightly visible else in excellent condition. 160 by 300mm (6 by 11 inches).
Article descriptionOriginal antique copper engraving, uncolored as published. This fine engraving shows the city Landsberg in Upper Bavaria and was published in Gabriel Bodenehr's famous serious "Europeans Macht und Pracht", a series of engravings depicting city views, plans, fortresses and castles in Europe. Many plates often are showing fortifications in Hungary and Southeast Europe, Spain, Belgium, Austria and Germany. Gabriel Bodenehr was during this period a successful publisher for maps and prints in Augsburg in Southern Germany. Gabriel Bodenehr the Elder (1664-1758 or 1673-1765) was a German map maker and member of a famous engraver and publisher family of Augsburg. His main work was "Atlas Curieux" first published 1704. He was the son of Johann Georg Bodenehr (1631-1703). Gabriel's son was Gabriel Bodenehr the Younger (1705–1792).
Recently viewed products