Prices incl. VAT plus shipping costs
Delivery time appr. 1-3 workdays
- Published: G. Braun & F. Hogenberg , Cologne
- Published date: 1572
- Type: Antique Map, map
- Technique: Copper engraving / later hand color
- Issue date: 1572-1619
- Category: Halle / Saxonia - Hildesheim
- Size: 363 by 519mm (14¼ by 20½ inches).
- Bibliography: V / 48
- Stock number: 19880
- Condition: In very good to excellent condition.
Original copper engraving; hand colored in wash; published 1572-78 in volume V of the town book 'Civitates Orbis Terrarum' by Braun and Hogenberg. The entire series of the 'Civitates Orbis Terrarum' comprised six volumes and was published and printed from 1572 towards 1619. This decorative map is equipped with two city views. One shows the town Halle in Saxony and the other one the town Hildesheim in Northern Germany. The map is equipped with many houses, churches, trees, peoples, etc. Verso German text.
V / 48