Prices incl. VAT plus shipping costs
Delivery time appr. 1-3 workdays
- Published: G. Braun & F. Hogenberg , Cologne
- Published date: 1598
- Type: Antique Map, map
- Issue date: 1598
- Technique: Copper engraving / later handcolor
- Category: Toningen Eiderstadt - Husum
- Size: 364 by 397mm (14¼ by 15¾ inches).
- Stock number: 19265
- Condition: In very good to excellent condition. A minor skillfully mending near the lower centre fold.
Original copper-engraving, hand colored in wash, published 1598 in volume V in the town book 'Civitates Orbis Terrarum' by Braun and Hogenberg. The entire series of the 'Civitates Orbis Terrarum' comprised six volumes and was published and printed from 1572 towards 1619. Two panoramic city views on one double page. At the top we have a view across the river Eider towards Toningen in Friesland. The town is shown pretty detailed with its royal castle, the market place and the town houses. At the bottom we find a view of the city of Husum with sailing ships in the foreground. The town is shown with the royal castle, the church and its town houses. This view was published 1598 in volume V of Braun and Hogenberg's 'Civitates Orbis Terrarum'.