Prices incl. VAT plus shipping costs
Delivery time appr. 1-3 workdays
- Published: Abraham Elsevir , Leiden
- Published date: 1627
- Type: Antique Map, map
- Technique: Copper engraving / handcolored., Copper engraving / hand colored.
- Issue date: 1627
- Category: Alessandria, Tortona
- Size: 188 by 268mm (7½ by 10½ inches).
- Stock number: 19922
- Condition: Paper slightly browned. In very good to excellent condition. 188 by 268mm (7½ by 10½ inches).
Copper engraving, finely hand colored. This historic city view of Totorna near Alessandria shows the old fortified town with its walls and its nearby surrounding as a bird's eye view. Streets, places, towers, churches, etc. are detailed shown. This rare historic town view was engraved by Jodocus Hondius and was published in this rare combination of an atlas and town book 'Nova et Accurata Italiae Hodiernae Descriptio ...' for the first time in 1627. This city view is decorative ornated with a renaissance title cartouche. Further this antique print is highly decorative engraved and some of the town views from 'Nova et Accurata Italiae ...' are engraved after earlier city views from the famous series 'Civitates Orbis Terrarum' by Braun & Hogenberg. Also they are occasionally ornated with rural figures in the foreground, a coat of arms, ships or a decorative landscape. This antique print is finely hand colored in wash and outline. Printed on good paper on the full sheet as published.