Prices incl. VAT plus shipping costs
Delivery time appr. 1-3 workdays
- Published: John Tallis & Company , London & New York
- Published date: 1851
- Type: Antique Map, map
- Issue date: 1851
- Technique: Steel engraving, hand colored.
- Category: British Guayana
- Size: 350 by 245mm (13¾ by 9¾ inches).
- Stock number: 29679
- Condition: In excellent condition.
Steel engraving, hand colored in outline and wash. A decorative antique map of British Guayana with many details. We do find engraved place names, rivers, lakes and mountains. The map is decorated with four finely hand colored engraved vignettes: of the river Berbice, Ataraipu or the Devil's Rock and Georgetown. The actual map was drawn and engraved by J. Rapkin. The illustrations were engraved by various artists: R. Radclyffe, W. Lacy, J. Rogers, J. H. Kernot, J. B. Allen, T. Fleming, H. Winkles, R. Baker after drawings by H. Warren, H. Winkles and H. Wray.