Prices incl. VAT plus shipping costs
Delivery time appr. 1-3 workdays
- Published: Amsterdam
- Published date: 1690
- Technique: Copper engraving / Uncolored
- Issue date: 1690
- Type: map
- Category: Dantzick - Gdansk
- Size: 395 by 515mm (15½ by 20¼ inches).
- Bibliography: Koeman IV-2/1 #1446 (1st state proof without the signature of de Wit)
- Stock number: 30273
- Condition: Overall in excellent condition. A rarely seen example of this large map of Dantzig.
Article descriptionOriginal copper engraving, published in Amsterdam by Frederik de Wit. A large panoramic bird's eye map of the city of Danzig in Poland around 1690-95. This outstanding large and fine engraved outstanding panoramic plan of Danzig shows the city in a bird's eye perspective from the heights with rural people in the foreground. At the bottom of the map with detailled text descriptions in Dutch, French, German and English. To the left and right sides with key to the letters A-Z and numbers 1-8 to the right side of these descriptions. At the top engraved title „Dantzick" with the coat of arms of Poland and Dantzig (Gdansk).
Koeman IV-2/1 #1446 (1st state proof without the signature of de Wit)