Prices incl. VAT plus shipping costs
Delivery time appr. 1-3 workdays
- Published: Th. Fischer , Cassel
- Published date: 1845
- Type: Antique Map, map
- Issue date: 1845
- Technique: Lithograph, later handcolor.
- Category: Pennsylvania with Lake Erie
- Size: 373 by 476mm (14¾ by 18¾ inches).
- Stock number: 19691
- Condition: In very good condition. A few small marginal mended tears at the blank bottom, verso old backed (not affecting the image of the map) and a few minor marginal pin holes. 373 by 476mm (14¾ by 18¾ inches).
Article descriptionLithograph, hand colored in outline and wash when published. This antique map shows prominent in its centre the state of Pennsylvania with its neighboring states New York, Ohio, Delaware, Maryland and Virginia. Inside the map are many place names, rivers, lakes, mountains, railroads, etc. Many counties are named and finely hand colored in wash. A detailed map of this part of the Eastern United States by the famous 19th century mapmaker and cartographer Calvin Smith. This is one sheet (map no 7) of Calvin Smith's famous map of North America. Here is the rare version in lithograph present, published in Cassel in Germany. A splendid detailed map, showing nicely Pennsylvania and adjacenting parts. The map is highly detailed colored in outline and wash by counties and states. An interesting collector's piece.
Recently viewed products