Prices incl. VAT plus shipping costs
Delivery time appr. 1-3 workdays
- Published: London & New York
- Published date: 1851
- Issue date: 1851
- Technique: Steel engraving, hand colored.
- Type: map
- Category: Rivers and Mountains in the Western Hemisphere
- Size: 350 by 247mm (13¾ by 9¾ inches).
- Stock number: 29676
- Condition: In excellent condition.
Article descriptionSteel engraving, hand colored in outline and wash. A beautiful hand colored example of John Tallis's map showing a comparative view of the principal waterfalls, islands, lakes, rivers and mountains in the Western Hemisphere. A the top a fine engraved panoramic scence comparing the waterfalls of the Western Hemisphere. Among them Reuka Fossen (Norway), Kerka (Dalmatia), Reichenbach (Switzerland), etc. At the bottom a comparative view of the mountains from Europe towards Asia including snow lines, above the rivers and lakes.
Recently viewed products